Sunday, May 7, 2017

D-Day!

That's right, today is officially Baby Boy's Due Date!!!

Since I'm posting this, I hope it's pretty obvious that no, I am not in labor; and no, we have not had the baby yet.

I was really, really hoping Baby Boy would be a due date baby (like his mama) but it's after 9 pm now, & I kinda don't see it happening in the next 2 1/2 hours. Plus, no one else thought he would actually be born on time (we put together a betting sheet, & not one person bet on his actual due date!), so it would have been kind of fun for that to happen. Oh well; he'll make his appearance when he's ready to :)

Husband & I are both very ready for our Little Guy to be here, but I'm still really hoping we'll get to do this all naturally. I'm trying to keep an open mind as far as the possibilities of inducing labor, using painkillers, or even needing a c-section go, however; & just reminding myself that the most important thing is to get our baby boy into our arms as safely as possible.

I really don't have a lot to post right now, mostly because we are 100% in the grips of the Waiting Game. But I wanted to put a quick update out there, & of course acknowledge the date that we have been counting down toward since mid-October of last year :) I can't believe we're already here, & that any day now we will get to meet & hold our SON!

Also, I have to end with this picture quote from Sex and the City, because it's been repeating over & over in my head since I found out we were having a boy...



That is so sci-fi!

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment